Textile and Fashion
This highly creative course will equip you with the skills needed to work within the many facets of the fashion and textile design industry, and offers a wealth of opportunity to determine your creative identity as a specialist or generalist as you progress though the course.
The courses we offer in this field are:
- Two year Comprehensive Diploma course
- One Year Fundamental Certificate Course
- Six Month Short Course
- Three Months special stitching course
Why choose this course?
- Disciplines include design for fashion, accessories, jewelers, and textile design for fashion, interiors and floor coverings.
- Develop your creative identity through specialism or choose to become proficient in a mix of fashion and textile opportunities.
- Study traditional and new technology skills across excellent facilities and be taught by academics who are practicing designers and researchers.
- Develop a highly exploratory and inventive use of materials through access to fashion and textile workshops and facilities in glass, ceramics, wood, metals and plastics
- Be involved in exhibitions and catwalk shows promoting exposure of your work to an international audience.
- Career preparation is a priority. Study modules that focus on developing entrepreneurial skills and preparation for employment. Work on exciting assignments with international clients, markets and professional agencies.
- The program has a long established relationship with the floor-covering industry and offers a unique educational experience in this specialism.
- The option of placement modules and/or a sandwich placement year will give you extended understanding of a global fashion and textiles industry.
Career development we aim to produce graduates who are professional, skilled and dynamic. Employment opportunities include; fashion, textile, accessory and costume jewelry design; illustration, styling, buying and/or merchandising; design for specific industries eg. Rug and carpet, card and gift wrap.
You will have the opportunity to engage in freelance work, sell design work through agents and design studios, and work to commission. You may also find employment in other sectors, including education, arts and crafts administration, historical costume preservation, media and in film, theatre and television costume design.>> Read about Exclusive International student successes
>> More detailed information about the course